Sometimes, she said, mostly to herself, I feel I do not know my children... It was a fleeting statement, one I didn't think she'd hold on to... - Aimee Bender Quotes
Quote:Sometimes, she said, mostly to herself, I feel I do not know my children... It was a fleeting statement, one I didn't think she'd hold on to; after all, she had birthed us alone, diapered and fed us, helped us with homework, kissed and hugged us, poured her love into us. That she might not actually know us seemed the humblest thing a mother could admit. - Aimee Bender Quotes

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  You always feel the drawing you are working on is the best you've ever done... I am only interested in the present. - Al Hirschfeld Quotes soni 0 6 Today, 07:11 AM
Last Post: soni
  Artists are just children who refuse to put down their crayons. - Al Hirschfeld Quotes soni 0 5 Today, 07:01 AM
  I didn't have a mother; I had a mama. I measure other women by the stature of my mama. - Al Green Quotes soni 0 1 Today, 06:51 AM
  There's lots about politics I don't feel comfortable with. To talk about the politics of future ideas is impossible in soundbite form. - Al Gore Quotes soni 0 8 Yesterday, 07:23 AM
  A day will come when our children and grandchildren will look back and they'll ask one of two questions... - Al Gore Quotes soni 0 10 08-17-2017, 07:32 AM