Everyone is really afraid of getting out there and not being good. That's the challenge... - Aimee Mullins Quotes
Quote:Everyone is really afraid of getting out there and not being good. That's the challenge: To be afraid and know people are staring at you and know you might not do all that well, but you do it anyway. What singles out the successful athlete from the ones who never make it past a plateau, it that successful athletes risk failure, even though they are terrified. - Aimee Mullins Quotes

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  We start to realize that there are anodynes in life that help us through the day. I don't care if it's a walk in the park, a look out the window, a good bubble bath - whatever... - Al Pacino Quotes soni 0 3 1 hour ago
Last Post: soni
  The truth is, you know, we need our anodynes. You know that word, anodynes? We need that in life some times. A good warm bath can be one for you, or a whatever. - Al Pacino Quotes soni 0 2 1 hour ago
  So what if I never win my fifth gold medal; It's only one end of the string. It's competing that matters. It's proving that there is a place for guys like me in sports. It's a persona challenge to extend myself. - Al Oerter Quotes soni 0 5 Yesterday, 07:47 PM
  Never hesitate to steal a good idea. - Al Neuharth Quotes soni 0 5 Yesterday, 07:42 PM
  I quit being afraid when my first venture failed and the sky didn't fall down. - Al Neuharth Quotes soni 0 5 Yesterday, 07:41 PM