I felt validated and valued , and here was this woman [Whoopi Goldberg ] inside my television screen who gave me a voice. - Aisha Hinds Quotes
Quote:I felt validated and valued , and here was this woman [Whoopi Goldberg ] inside my television screen who gave me a voice. - Aisha Hinds Quotes

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  I don't like what's going on in Iraq, naturally. I'm part of a large majority of people who don't, but I do not know the whole story. I do not believe what I see on television... - Al Pacino Quotes soni 0 3 2 hours ago
Last Post: soni
  Failure's relative. I've always felt, even early on, if I lose the freedom to fail, something's not right about that. It's how you treat failure, too... - Al Pacino Quotes soni 0 3 2 hours ago
  When the voices of democracy are silenced, freedom becomes a hollow concept. No man or woman should be sentenced to the shadows of silence for something he or she has said or written. - Al Neuharth Quotes soni 0 5 Yesterday, 07:41 PM
  Things inspiring me - good melody, a great bass line, a fabulous voice... by which I mean someone who sounds great, rather than does pyrotechnics... and people playing really musically. Music is endlessly fascinating. - Al Murray Quotes soni 0 5 Yesterday, 10:03 AM
  Seriously, if you want to get inside the head of a stand-up comic, you could do a lot worse than reading Steve Martin's Born Standing Up... - Al Murray Quotes soni 0 6 Yesterday, 10:01 AM