You work here [on the farm] simply without philosophizing; sometimes the work is hard and crowded with pettiness...- A. D. Gordon Quotes
Quote:You work here [on the farm] simply without philosophizing; sometimes the work is hard and crowded with pettiness. But at times you feel a surge of cosmic exaltation, like the clear light of the heavens... . And you, too, seem to be taking root in the soil which you are digging, to be nourished by the rays of the sun, to share life with the tiniest blade of grass, with each flower; living in nature's depths, you seem then to rise and grow into the vast expanse of the universe. - A. D. Gordon Quotes

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  You learn your limitations and then you try to work within them. - Al Hirschfeld Quotes soni 0 5 7 hours ago
Last Post: soni
  Trials can be hard, if you don't know God. - Al Green Quotes soni 0 7 8 hours ago
  I work to promote the idea of sustainable capitalism driven by long-term considerations rather than quarterly profits, which seeks to better people's lives and the planet rather than destroy them. - Al Gore Quotes soni 0 3 Yesterday, 10:19 PM
  I'm very familiar with the importance of dairy farming in Wisconsin. I've spent the night on a dairy farm here in Wisconsin... - Al Gore Quotes soni 0 3 Yesterday, 09:41 PM
  In a free society, there comes a time when the truth - however hard it may be to hear, however impolitic it may seem to say - must be told. - Al Gore Quotes soni 0 10 08-17-2017, 09:51 PM