One day some people came to the master and asked: How can you be happy in a world of such impermanence... - Ajahn Chah Quotes
Quote:One day some people came to the master and asked: How can you be happy in a world of such impermanence, where you cannot protect your loved ones from harm, illness or death? The master held up a glass and said: Someone gave me this glass; It holds my water admirably and it glistens in the sunlight. I touch it and it rings! One day the wind may blow it off the shelf, or my elbow may knock it from the table. I know this glass is already broken, so I enjoy it - incredibly. - Ajahn Chah Quotes

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  You put deadlines on people you really don't want, because that's how you feel about them. - Al Leiter Quotes soni 0 7 7 hours ago
Last Post: soni
  Whatever your condition, you can be happy if you have the right attitude. - Al Koran Quotes soni 0 8 7 hours ago
  The world sums you up by the clothes that you wear, and treats you accordingly. - Al Koran Quotes soni 0 7 7 hours ago
  There is no lack in the world. The lack is in you , and if you will stop seeking lack and stop thinking lack... you will make marvelous demonstrations. - Al Koran Quotes soni 0 7 7 hours ago
  I can't take another day of this. - Al Kaline Quotes soni 0 3 7 hours ago