To observe and watch one's own mind is something really interesting. The untrained mind will run and follow its old habit patterns... - Ajahn Chah Quotes
Quote:To observe and watch one's own mind is something really interesting. The untrained mind will run and follow its old habit patterns. Because it has not been trained and taught, it will get lost in all kinds of stories and issues. Therefore we have to train our mind. The meditation practice in Buddhism is all about training one's own mind. - Ajahn Chah Quotes

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  I think it's harder for people than it should be. But as more and more of us become carbon neutral and change the patterns in our lives... - Al Gore Quotes soni 0 3 08-15-2017, 10:30 PM
Last Post: soni
  Having cameras follow you is something that requires a little personal adjustment, but you actually do begin to forget they're there... - Al Gore Quotes soni 0 3 08-15-2017, 10:25 PM
  I've come to realize that I perform best when I'm letting my subconscious mind hit the ball and my conscious mind is otherwise occupied. - Al Geiberger Quotes soni 0 7 08-12-2017, 10:33 PM
  What we went to World War II for, at least in my mind, was not getting taken care of. It was supposed to be a brave new world, but we were getting back into the old ruts, and we were in a cold war with Russia. - Al Feldstein Quotes soni 0 11 08-10-2017, 06:52 AM
  Spring being a tough act to follow, God created June. - Al Bernstein Quotes soni 0 9 08-09-2017, 07:19 AM