When we sit in meditation and hear a sound, we think, 'Oh, that sound's bothering me.'... - Ajahn Chah Quotes
Quote:When we sit in meditation and hear a sound, we think, 'Oh, that sound's bothering me.' If we see it like this, we suffer. But if we investigate a little deeper, we see that the sound is simply sound. If we understand like this, then there's nothing more to it. We leave it be. The sound is just sound, why should you go and grab it? You see that actually it was you who went out and disturbed the sound. - Ajahn Chah Quotes

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Here I sit, alone at 60, Bald and fat and full of sin Cold the seat, and loud the cistern As I read the (Harpic) (Lysol) tin - Alan Bennett Quotes soni 0 21 09-23-2017, 06:11 PM
Last Post: soni
  Art comes out of art; it begins with imitation, often in the form of parody, and it's in the process of imitating the voice of others that one comes to learn the sound of one's own. - Alan Bennett Quotes soni 0 11 09-22-2017, 10:27 AM
  I once recommended [in a San Francisco Chronicle column] that a third arm - a plastic arm - be sewn at the base of the spine so that people could have a tripod to sit on while waiting in line, and it was taken seriously. - Alan Abel Quotes soni 0 8 09-15-2017, 10:32 AM
  I have a very modern way of thinking; the chef is there to lead the team and not just to sit behind the piano. - Alain Ducasse Quotes soni 0 12 09-13-2017, 09:35 PM
  It's clear to me that there is no good reason for many philosophy books to sound as complicated as they do. - Alain de Botton Quotes soni 0 8 09-11-2017, 07:31 AM