I am like a tree in a forest. Birds come to the tree, they sit on its branches and eat its fruits... - Ajahn Chah Quotes
Quote:I am like a tree in a forest. Birds come to the tree, they sit on its branches and eat its fruits. To the birds, the fruit may be sweet or sour or whatever. The birds say sweet or they say sour, but from the tree's point of view, this is just the chattering of birds. - Ajahn Chah Quotes

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  It seems an easy choice - sacrifice the tree for a human life - until one learns that three trees must be destroyed for each patient treated... - Al Gore Quotes soni 0 6 Today, 07:15 AM
Last Post: soni
  The symbolism - and the substantive significance - of planting a tree has universal power in every culture and every society on Earth... - Al Gore Quotes soni 0 3 Today, 07:08 AM
  I'm not a vegetarian, but I have cut back sharply on the meat that I eat. - Al Gore Quotes soni 0 6 08-15-2017, 07:58 AM
  Part of the middle class promise is that, after a lifetime of hard work, you'll be able to retire and enjoy the fruits of that labor. Medicare was established to secure that promise. - Al Franken Quotes soni 0 7 08-12-2017, 06:26 AM
  I just can't sit still and meditate; that doesn't kind of work for me. I don't even know exactly what it means. - Al Franken Quotes soni 0 3 08-11-2017, 06:49 AM