We say that to 'give up all evil and to develop the good' is the heart of the Buddha's teaching... - Ajahn Chah Quotes
Quote:We say that to 'give up all evil and to develop the good' is the heart of the Buddha's teaching. If we only make merit but have not stopped doing bad things, then we will never have a day of completion. It is like an overturned bowl which is left outside in the rain. Even if the water is falling right on it, it only touches the outside and not the inside. In this way the bowl will never get full. - Ajahn Chah Quotes

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  I was very, very shocked about Cooperstown. I thought my chances were fairly good, but I tried to stay low key about it, not too high and not too low. That was the way I played, too. - Al Kaline Quotes soni 0 0 4 minutes ago
Last Post: soni
  You've got to get good habits of working hard so that when that play comes up during the regular season that you're able to complete it and do it the right way. - Al Kaline Quotes soni 0 1 8 minutes ago
  If the waitress has dirty ankles, the chili is good. - Al McGuire Quotes soni 0 8 11 hours ago
  If a player leaves Marquette and doesn't have some of my blood in him, then I don't think I've done a good job. - Al McGuire Quotes soni 0 7 11 hours ago
  This rock thing got in the way of my teaching career. - Al Jourgensen Quotes soni 0 11 Yesterday, 09:02 AM