If you want to understand suffering you must look into the situation at hand. The teachings say that wherever a problem arises... - Ajahn Chah Quotes
Quote:If you want to understand suffering you must look into the situation at hand. The teachings say that wherever a problem arises it must be settled right there. Where suffering lies is right where non-suffering will arise, it ceases at the place where it arises. If suffering arises you must contemplate right there, you don't have to run away. You should settle the issue right there. One who runs away from suffering out of fear is the most foolish person of all. He will simply increases his stupidity endlessly. - Ajahn Chah Quotes

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  I don’t understand the hatred and fear of gays and bisexuals and lesbians… it’s a concept I honestly cannot grasp... - Al Pacino Quotes soni 0 3 Yesterday, 07:05 AM
Last Post: soni
  "To be or not to be is" [by William Shakespeare] beyond anything I can comprehend. I understand it on a superficial level, but the depth of it just boggles my mind. I think it's probably the greatest of all speeches ever written. - Al Pacino Quotes soni 0 3 Yesterday, 06:47 AM
  It's a weight problem isn't it; you can't wait for lunch. - Al Murray Quotes soni 0 7 08-22-2017, 09:57 AM
  The horrible truth is that I am lazy and I am going to write and do bits that just hand themselves to me. - Al Madrigal Quotes soni 0 1 08-22-2017, 09:50 AM
  I discovered is that I have a couple of valves that were leaky and had been giving, gave me a problem then... - Al Jarreau Quotes soni 0 9 08-19-2017, 11:18 PM