Regarding this Dhamma, it is not something that we can simply talk about or take another's word for it... - Ajahn Chah Quotes
Quote:Regarding this Dhamma, it is not something that we can simply talk about or take another's word for it. We need to develop meditation so that the understanding arises clearly within oneself. It is not the case that merely by listening to another's explanation our defilements will disappear. When we gain some understanding we need to chew on it again so that we see it for ourselves with certainty: paccattam. - Ajahn Chah Quotes

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  I don't talk very well. With writing, you've time to get it right. Also I've found the more I talk the less I write, and if I didn't write no one would want me to talk anyway. - Alan Bennett Quotes soni 0 16 09-22-2017, 10:22 AM
Last Post: soni
  I saw someone peeing in Jermym Street the other day. I thought, is this the end of civilization as we know it? Or is it simply someone peeing in Jermyn Street? - Alan Bennett Quotes soni 0 14 09-22-2017, 10:14 AM
  There has been much talk referencing what I consider conceptual reports like the Landscape of Choice and documents created as a result of the Great Valley Center. - Alan Autry Quotes soni 0 7 09-19-2017, 10:10 PM
  I have a final word of advice to our students. If you work very, very hard, this is the kind of actor, writer and director you may turn out to be, and if you work extra hard, this is the kind of person you may turn out to be. - Alan Alda Quotes soni 0 16 09-18-2017, 09:30 PM
  I was brought up as a Catholic, and I'm no longer a Catholic. I don't talk about my beliefs too much in public probably because I feel very strongly that it's something personal - more than personal, it's private. - Alan Alda Quotes soni 0 16 09-17-2017, 11:26 PM