If we want to really see the Buddha, we should observe his virtuous qualities. Whatever he taught, we should practise it... - Ajahn Chah Quotes
Quote:If we want to really see the Buddha, we should observe his virtuous qualities. Whatever he taught, we should practise it. Only bowing to him is not enough. We need to renounce, give up, stop, so that we may see the Buddha. - Ajahn Chah Quotes

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The longer I practise medicine, the more convinced I am there are only two types of cases: those that involve taking the trousers off and those that don't. - Alan Bennett Quotes soni 0 22 09-22-2017, 10:33 AM
Last Post: soni
  When I studied how to think in school, I was taught that the first rule of logic was that a thing cannot both be and not be at the same time and in the same respect... - Alan Alda Quotes soni 0 18 09-18-2017, 09:29 PM
  If it is true that love is the pursuit in another of qualities we lack in ourselves, then in our love of someone from another culture... - Alain de Botton Quotes soni 0 18 09-11-2017, 07:38 AM
  A virtuous, ordinary life, striving for wisdom but never far from folly, is achievement enough. - Alain de Botton Quotes soni 0 11 09-08-2017, 08:32 PM
  We each appear to hold within ourselves a range of divergent views as to our native qualities.. And amid such uncertainty, we typically turn to the wider world to settle the question of our significance... - Alain de Botton Quotes soni 0 8 09-08-2017, 08:17 PM