If we want to really see the Buddha, we should observe his virtuous qualities. Whatever he taught, we should practise it... - Ajahn Chah Quotes
Quote:If we want to really see the Buddha, we should observe his virtuous qualities. Whatever he taught, we should practise it. Only bowing to him is not enough. We need to renounce, give up, stop, so that we may see the Buddha. - Ajahn Chah Quotes

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  I see the friends I made over the years who have become family today, people I became acquainted with who have achieved so much in their lives. They taught me something with each meeting. - Akshay Kumar Quotes soni 0 8 08-08-2017, 07:17 AM
Last Post: soni
  Just as the grammarian makes one study grammar, A Buddha teaches according to the tolerance of his students... - Akkineni Nagarjuna Quotes soni 0 15 08-06-2017, 08:56 PM
  In peace there is profundity from which the highest respect arises from respect comes power and command therefore observe peace. - Akkineni Nagarjuna Quotes soni 0 16 08-06-2017, 08:55 PM
  The Buddha taught some people the teachings of duality that help them avoid sin and acquire spiritual merit. To others he taught non-duality, that some find profoundly frightening. - Akkineni Nagarjuna Quotes soni 0 11 08-06-2017, 08:53 PM
  Ultimate serenity is the coming to rest of all ways of taking things, the repose of named things; no truth has been taught by a Buddha for anyone, anywhere. - Akkineni Nagarjuna Quotes soni 0 11 08-06-2017, 08:52 PM