The goal lies away from the sensual world. It is not a rejection of the sensual world, but understanding it so well that we no longer seek... - Ajahn Sumedho Quotes
Quote:The goal lies away from the sensual world. It is not a rejection of the sensual world, but understanding it so well that we no longer seek it as an end in itself. We no longer expect the sensory world to satisfy us. We no longer demand that sensory consciousness be anything other than an existing condition that we can use skillfully according to time and place. - Ajahn Sumedho Quotes

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  There are more microbes per person than the entire population of the world. Imagine that. Per person. This means that if the time scale is diminished in ... - Alan Bennett Quotes soni 0 16 09-23-2017, 06:05 PM
Last Post: soni
  The longer I practise medicine, the more convinced I am there are only two types of cases: those that involve taking the trousers off and those that don't. - Alan Bennett Quotes soni 0 25 09-22-2017, 10:33 AM
  I guess in America we're so sold on this ideal of the perfect, well-adjusted family that is able to confront any conflict and, with true love and understanding, work things through... - Alan Ball Quotes soni 0 17 09-21-2017, 11:42 PM
  It’s hard to stay mad when there’s so much beauty in the world. Sometimes I feel like I’m seeing it all at once, and it’s too much.. - Alan Ball Quotes soni 0 17 09-21-2017, 11:40 PM
  If a scene is longer than three pages, it better be for a good reason. - Alan Ball Quotes soni 0 17 09-20-2017, 07:28 PM