Suttas are not meant to be 'sacred scriptures' that tell us what to believe. One should read them, listen to them, think about them... - Ajahn Sumedho Quotes
Quote:Suttas are not meant to be 'sacred scriptures' that tell us what to believe. One should read them, listen to them, think about them, contemplate them, and investigate the present reality, the present experience with them. Then, and only then, can one insightfully know the truth beyond words. - Ajahn Sumedho Quotes

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The planet has a fever. If your baby has a fever, you go to the doctor. If the doctor says you need to intervene here, you don't say 'I read a science fiction novel that says it's not a problem.' You take action. - Al Gore Quotes soni 0 5 08-15-2017, 10:19 PM
Last Post: soni
  And I think that being able to make people laugh and write a book that's funny makes the information go down a lot easier and it makes it a lot more fun to read, easier to understand, and often stronger... - Al Franken Quotes soni 0 12 08-11-2017, 07:16 AM
  When the president during the campaign said he was against nation building, I didn't realize he meant our nation. - Al Franken Quotes soni 0 8 08-10-2017, 06:58 PM
  My work is being destroyed almost as soon as it is printed. One day it is being read; the next day someone's wrapping fish in it. - Al Capp Quotes soni 0 9 08-09-2017, 04:34 PM
  I love to just go to the movies, watch movies, listen to the scores and all that 'cause that's, like, the next step for me. - Akon Quotes soni 0 13 08-07-2017, 06:59 AM