Back in the days when American billboard advertising was in flower [said Hemingway], there were two slogans that I always rated above all others... - A. E. Hotchner Quotes
Quote:Back in the days when American billboard advertising was in flower [said Hemingway], there were two slogans that I always rated above all others: the old Cremo Cigar ad that proclaimed, Spit Is a Horrid Word-but Worse on the end of Your Cigar, and Drink Schlitz in Brown Bottles and Avoid that Skunk Taste. You don't get creative writing like that any more. - A. E. Hotchner Quotes

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  As the days went on, I didn't mind the games. In fact, I looked forward to them. That was the easiest part of all... - Al Kaline Quotes soni 0 0 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post: soni
  I let ballplayers yell back at me because I wasn't trying to prove I'm boss. I know I'm boss. - Al McGuire Quotes soni 0 8 11 hours ago
  The nicest thing about coaching is that one day you feel like you can play handball against a curb, and on other days you feel like you can fly to the moon. - Al McGuire Quotes soni 0 3 11 hours ago
  Help one kid at a time. He'll maybe go back and help a few more. - Al McGuire Quotes soni 0 4 11 hours ago
  I pissed away over ten million dollars On dope and crack I passed away deader than a door knob But now I'm back - Al Jourgensen Quotes soni 0 10 Yesterday, 08:50 AM