I am against revolution and am proud of it. Democracy cannot be created through revolutions... - Akbar Ganji Quotes
Quote:I am against revolution and am proud of it. Democracy cannot be created through revolutions. The most important dichotomy that I make for a society is between those who support democracy and human rights, and those who oppose it. In a totalitarian state, the state views any act of an individual to be political in nature. For example, the clothing that a person wears in a modern state is a private affair whereas in the Islamic Republic all women are forced to wear the hijab (Islamic attire). When women push their headscarf back an inch or two, this is interpreted to be a political act, - Akbar Ganji Quotes

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Jazz brought this sense of democracy where four guys come together and your name may be on the marquee, but in this moment, when you're the soloist, it's you, and we follow you. We follow you. - Al Jarreau Quotes soni 0 7 08-19-2017, 11:18 PM
Last Post: soni
  I know more polkas than Frankie Yankovic. I grew up next door to the Polka Tavern in Milwaukee. I can sing some polkas. And proud of that. - Al Jarreau Quotes soni 0 8 08-19-2017, 11:10 PM
  American democracy has been hacked. - Al Gore Quotes soni 0 22 08-18-2017, 10:27 PM
  When our founders created America, it was in the age of the printing press, when individuals could freely join the conversation... - Al Gore Quotes soni 0 10 08-18-2017, 10:23 PM
  In order to solve the climate crisis, we need to solve the democracy crisis. - Al Gore Quotes soni 0 7 08-17-2017, 06:50 AM