Mass democracy, mass morality and the mass media thrive independently of the individual, who joins them only at the cost of at least a partial... - Al Alvarez Quotes
Quote:Mass democracy, mass morality and the mass media thrive independently of the individual, who joins them only at the cost of at least a partial perversion of his instincts and insights. He pays for his social ease with what used to be called his soul - his discriminations, his uniqueness, his psychic energy, his self. - Al Alvarez Quotes

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  My own belief is that people can come back from anything. It doesn't mean that it won't come at a huge cost. - Alan Ball Quotes soni 0 20 09-21-2017, 11:39 PM
Last Post: soni
  The strong and undeniable fundamentals of low-cost clean energy and the cheapest petrochemical feed-stocks in the world will prevail... - Alan Armstrong Quotes soni 0 16 09-15-2017, 10:43 AM
  The media insists on taking what someone didn't mean to say as being far closer to the truth than what they did. - Alain de Botton Quotes soni 0 10 09-12-2017, 11:31 PM
  Pegging your contentment to the overall state of the world rather than of your own life: the basis of morality, or a sort of madness? - Alain de Botton Quotes soni 0 17 09-12-2017, 07:33 AM
  Let's say you went to Harvard or Oxford or Cambridge, and you said, 'I've come here because I'm in search of morality, guidance and consolation; I want to know how to live,' - they would show you the way to the insane asylum. - Alain de Botton Quotes soni 0 14 09-12-2017, 07:28 AM