Each sporadic burst of work, each minor success and disappointment, each moment of calm and relaxation, seemed merely a temporary halt... - Al Alvarez Quotes
Quote:Each sporadic burst of work, each minor success and disappointment, each moment of calm and relaxation, seemed merely a temporary halt on my steady descent through layer after layer of depression, like an elevator stopping for a moment on the way down to the basement. - Al Alvarez Quotes

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Jazz brought this sense of democracy where four guys come together and your name may be on the marquee, but in this moment, when you're the soloist, it's you, and we follow you. We follow you. - Al Jarreau Quotes soni 0 1 55 minutes ago
Last Post: soni
  You learn your limitations and then you try to work within them. - Al Hirschfeld Quotes soni 0 5 Yesterday, 07:04 AM
  Teach success before teaching responsibility. Teach them to believe in themselves. Teach them to think, 'I'm not stupid'. No child wants to fail. Everyone wants to succeed. - Al Green Quotes soni 0 1 Yesterday, 06:50 AM
  I'm thankful for every moment. - Al Green Quotes soni 0 3 Yesterday, 06:43 AM
  I work to promote the idea of sustainable capitalism driven by long-term considerations rather than quarterly profits, which seeks to better people's lives and the planet rather than destroy them. - Al Gore Quotes soni 0 3 08-18-2017, 10:19 PM