The bipartisan approach filtered up through my typewriter. I used to say, "Mad takes on both sides."... - Al Feldstein Quotes
Quote:The bipartisan approach filtered up through my typewriter. I used to say, "Mad takes on both sides." We even used to rake the hippies over the coals. They were protesting the Vietnam War, but we took aspects of their culture and had fun with it. Mad was wide open. Bill loved it, and he was a capitalist Republican. I loved it, and I was a liberal Democrat. That went for the writers, too; they all had their own political leanings, and everybody had a voice. But the voices were mostly critical. It was social commentary, after all. - Al Feldstein Quotes

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  It’s hard to stay mad when there’s so much beauty in the world. Sometimes I feel like I’m seeing it all at once, and it’s too much.. - Alan Ball Quotes soni 0 17 09-21-2017, 11:40 PM
Last Post: soni
  Don't be upset that it takes a long, long time to find wisdom because nobody knows where wisdom can be found... - Alan Alda Quotes soni 0 14 09-16-2017, 07:35 AM
  Silence dies, clamor takes the power everywhere - Alain Finkielkraut Quotes soni 0 17 09-13-2017, 09:44 PM
  What is a snob? A snob is anybody who takes a small part of you and uses that to come to a complete vision of who you are. That is snobbery. - Alain de Botton Quotes soni 0 13 09-08-2017, 08:42 PM
  The very act of drawing an object, however badly, swiftly takes the drawer from a woolly sense of what the object looks like to a precise awareness of its component parts and particularities. - Alain de Botton Quotes soni 0 6 09-08-2017, 08:34 PM