Part of the true luxury of "earned laziness" are the braggin rights that come along with being purposefully and publicly lazy... - Al Gini Quotes
Quote:Part of the true luxury of "earned laziness" are the braggin rights that come along with being purposefully and publicly lazy. It is a badge of distinction, an emblem of success, without having to say too much about it. It labels us, affords us kudos, and raises our profile in the "pecking order" of our fellow troglodytes. It says to others, "See, I've done so well that I can afford to do nothing at all whenever I so choose! - Al Gini Quotes

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  I watched Elvis Presley become - I listened to Elvis Presley. I watched Chuck Berry become. I listened to Little Richard. I heard that music, and it was part of my upbringing. - Al Jarreau Quotes soni 0 6 6 hours ago
Last Post: soni
  I would still be singing, because it's part of my heart and my soul, and it lifts me up. Find something you would do for free. - Al Jarreau Quotes soni 0 1 6 hours ago
  I just think that a much more important part of the problem we face, which was evident 10 years ago and is even more evident now... - Al Gore Quotes soni 0 9 08-18-2017, 10:25 PM
  I remember as a boy when the conversation on civil rights was won in the South. I remember a time when one of my friends made a racist joke and another said, 'Hey man, we don't go for that anymore.' - Al Gore Quotes soni 0 5 08-18-2017, 09:49 PM
  We face a climate crisis now that is the most serious challenge our civilization has ever confronted. And the greatest country in the world [America] has to remain a part of this unprecedented global agreement to deal with it. - Al Gore Quotes soni 0 5 08-16-2017, 07:47 AM