We're still putting 110 million tons of man-made global pollution into the air every single day as if the sky is an open sewer... - Al Gore Quotes
Quote:We're still putting 110 million tons of man-made global pollution into the air every single day as if the sky is an open sewer. More than 90% of the extra heat energy is going into the oceans, and that's why superstorm Sandy was so much more destructive, that's why the ice is melting more rapidly, that's why the water cycle is being disrupted and we get a lot more water vapor coming from the oceans into the sky, and that's why we get these enormous downpours and big floods. They happen all the time. Every night on the TV news is like a nature hike through the Book of Revelation. - Al Gore Quotes

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The more deeply I search for the roots of the global environmental crisis, the more I am convinced that it is an outer manifestation... - Al Gore Quotes soni 0 0 1 hour ago
Last Post: soni
  Although I have a variety of obligations, the climate crisis is my central concern. - Al Gore Quotes soni 0 1 1 hour ago
  The UK is one of the only nations on earth that has actually met and even exceeded its goals under the Kyoto Protocol. - Al Gore Quotes soni 0 1 1 hour ago
  There's lots about politics I don't feel comfortable with. To talk about the politics of future ideas is impossible in soundbite form. - Al Gore Quotes soni 0 1 1 hour ago
  I've learned the importance of changing people's minds at the grassroots level so that whoever does run will have a much better chance... - Al Gore Quotes soni 0 1 1 hour ago