Why, if 'tis dancing you would be, There's brisker pipes than poetry. Say, for what were hop-yards meant, Or why was Burton built on Trent? ... - A. E. Housman Quotes
Quote:Why, if 'tis dancing you would be, There's brisker pipes than poetry. Say, for what were hop-yards meant, Or why was Burton built on Trent? Oh many a peer of England brews Livelier liquor than the Muse, And malt does more than Milton can To justify God's ways to man. Ale, man, ale's the stuff to drink For fellows whom it hurts to think: Look into the pewter pot To see the world as the world's not. - A. E. Housman Quotes

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The ideal weapons system is built in 435 congressional districts and it doesn't matter whether it works or not. - Alain Enthoven Quotes soni 0 11 09-13-2017, 09:39 PM
Last Post: soni
  I ... thought about societies where exceptional fortunes are built up in industries with very little connection to out sincere and significant... - Alain de Botton Quotes soni 0 21 09-10-2017, 09:54 AM
  Writing isn’t a career choice. It’s self-medication that over time precipitates the madness it was meant to ward off. - Alain de Botton Quotes soni 0 13 09-09-2017, 10:48 AM
  My heart is at ease knowing that what was meant for me will never miss me, and that what misses me was never meant for me. - Al-Shafi'i Quotes soni 0 5 09-04-2017, 12:43 PM
  Whenever I do a parody it's not meant to make you hate anybody's music really. - Al Yankovic Quotes soni 0 10 08-31-2017, 07:07 PM