Why, if 'tis dancing you would be, There's brisker pipes than poetry. Say, for what were hop-yards meant, Or why was Burton built on Trent? ... - A. E. Housman Quotes
Quote:Why, if 'tis dancing you would be, There's brisker pipes than poetry. Say, for what were hop-yards meant, Or why was Burton built on Trent? Oh many a peer of England brews Livelier liquor than the Muse, And malt does more than Milton can To justify God's ways to man. Ale, man, ale's the stuff to drink For fellows whom it hurts to think: Look into the pewter pot To see the world as the world's not. - A. E. Housman Quotes

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Once the renewable infrastructure is built, the fuel is free forever. Unlike carbon-based fuels, the wind and the sun and the earth itself provide fuel that is free, in amounts that are effectively limitless. - Al Gore Quotes soni 0 5 08-14-2017, 10:20 PM
Last Post: soni
  The institutions that we've built up over the years to protect our individual privacy rights from the government don't apply to the private sector... - Al Franken Quotes soni 0 11 08-12-2017, 06:52 AM
  When the president during the campaign said he was against nation building, I didn't realize he meant our nation. - Al Franken Quotes soni 0 9 08-10-2017, 06:58 PM
  I have built my organization upon fear. - Al Capone Quotes soni 0 5 08-09-2017, 06:33 AM
  In [The New Poetry] I had attacked the British poets' nervous preference for gentility above all else, and their avoidance of the uncomfortable, destructive truths both of the inner life and of the present time. - Al Alvarez Quotes soni 0 9 08-07-2017, 07:07 PM