On occasions, after drinking a pint of beer at luncheon, there would be a flow into my mind with sudden and unaccountable emotion,...- A. E. Housman Quotes
Quote:On occasions, after drinking a pint of beer at luncheon, there would be a flow into my mind with sudden and unaccountable emotion, sometimes a line or two of verse, sometimes a whole stanza, accompanied, not preceded by a vague notion of the poem which they were destined to form a part of.... I say bubble up because, so far as I could make out, the source of the suggestions thus proffered to the brain was the pit of the stomach. - A. E. Housman Quotes

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  It doesn't take a brilliant mind to notice that adults are telling you what to do and then they do the opposite... - Al Jaffee Quotes soni 0 3 3 hours ago
Last Post: soni
  When you live from freelance check to freelance check, your mind is always on "What's the next piece I'm going to write, or draw, that'll pay this month's rent?" And so going out to play ball with my kids was a low priority. - Al Jaffee Quotes soni 0 4 3 hours ago
  The mountain glaciers in every region of the world are melting, many of them at an accelerated rate, threatening drinking supplies... - Al Gore Quotes soni 0 3 08-18-2017, 10:03 PM
  Incredibly, while these 18 to 20 year-olds cannot legally buy a beer, cannot purchase a bottle of wine and cannot order a drink... - Al Gore Quotes soni 0 9 08-15-2017, 08:26 AM
  I've come to realize that I perform best when I'm letting my subconscious mind hit the ball and my conscious mind is otherwise occupied. - Al Geiberger Quotes soni 0 7 08-12-2017, 10:33 PM