I had an attack of the gout two days before pulling out, and I went limping off to the war instead of coming limping back from it. - A. J. Liebling Quotes
Quote:I had an attack of the gout two days before pulling out, and I went limping off to the war instead of coming limping back from it. - A. J. Liebling Quotes

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The era of procrastination...is coming to a close...we are entering a period of consequences - Winston Churchill (warning about the danger of appeasement - Al Gore Quotes soni 0 1 6 minutes ago
Last Post: soni
  We now face the prospect of a kind of global civil war between those who refuse to consider the consequences of civilization's relentless... - Al Gore Quotes soni 0 7 8 hours ago
  Winston Churchill aroused this nation in heroic fashion to save civilisation in World War Two. We have everything we need except political will, but political will is a renewable resource. - Al Gore Quotes soni 0 1 9 hours ago
  Here is the truth: The Earth is round; Saddam Hussein did not attack us on 9/11; Elvis is dead; Obama was born in the United States; and the climate crisis is real. - Al Gore Quotes soni 0 3 9 hours ago
  The ten hottest years in the atmospheric record, going back only 160 years, have been in the last eleven years. - Al Gore Quotes soni 0 2 9 hours ago