I take a grave view of the press. It is the weak slat under the bed of democracy. - A. J. Liebling Quotes
Quote:I take a grave view of the press. It is the weak slat under the bed of democracy. - A. J. Liebling Quotes

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The notion that the church, the press, and the universities should serve the state is essentially a Communist notion. In a free society these institutions must be wholly free ... - Alan Barth Quotes soni 0 16 09-19-2017, 10:33 PM
Last Post: soni
  I had never really wanted to be famous. Everyone is supposed to want to be rich and famous, but as a boy I never knew what rich was, and the first view I had of famous made me leery. - Alan Alda Quotes soni 0 15 09-17-2017, 11:22 PM
  Le lecteur, lui non plus, ne voit pas les choses du dehors. Il est dans le labyrinthe aussi. The reader [as well as the main character] does not view the work from outside. He too is in the labyrinth. - Alain Robbe-Grillet Quotes soni 0 7 09-14-2017, 12:38 PM
  The longing for a destiny is no nowhere stronger than in our romantic life. All too often forced to share our bed with those who cannot fathom our soul... - Alain de Botton Quotes soni 0 20 09-11-2017, 10:06 PM
  Differ though we might with Christianity's view of what precisely our souls need, it is hard to discredit the provocative underlying thesis... - Alain de Botton Quotes soni 0 21 09-09-2017, 10:57 AM