Southern political personalities, like sweet corn, travel badly. They lose flavor with every hundred yards away from the patch... - A. J. Liebling Quotes
Quote:Southern political personalities, like sweet corn, travel badly. They lose flavor with every hundred yards away from the patch. By the time they reach New York, they are like Golden Bantam that has been trucked up from Texas - stale and unprofitable. The consumer forgets that the corn tastes different where it grows. - A. J. Liebling Quotes

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Punk rock really influenced me, the basic metal bands, Zeppelin, Stones and Floyd, and Southern rock bands. I think I was pretty well-rounded. - Al Jourgensen Quotes soni 0 4 2 hours ago
Last Post: soni
  To use a Southern euphemism, our space program has been snake-bit. - Al Gore Quotes soni 0 10 08-18-2017, 07:19 AM
  The Internet empowers individuals to play a more active role in the political process, as Obama's campaign has manifested. - Al Gore Quotes soni 0 10 08-18-2017, 07:17 AM
  The role of campaign contributions in our political system and the role of lobbyists have now reached levels that are quite unhealthy... - Al Gore Quotes soni 0 10 08-17-2017, 07:14 AM
  My fellow Americans, people all over the world, we need to solve the climate crisis, it's not a political issue, it's a moral issue... - Al Gore Quotes soni 0 7 08-17-2017, 07:04 AM