I don't believe that prayers actually change God's mind - if there is a God - but I liked praying for people in need. It was like moral weightlifting... - A. J. Jacobs Quotes
Quote:I don't believe that prayers actually change God's mind - if there is a God - but I liked praying for people in need. It was like moral weightlifting. I tend to be self-obsessed, and it was nice to get out of my brain once in a while. - A. J. Jacobs Quotes

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  It should be lifted above partisanship because it's a question of survival. It's a moral issue. - Al Gore Quotes soni 0 5 7 hours ago
Last Post: soni
  The physical relationship between CO2 molecules and the atmosphere and the trapping of heat is as well-established as gravity, for God's sakes. It's not some mystery. - Al Gore Quotes soni 0 5 7 hours ago
  We all know the leopard can't change his stripes. - Al Gore Quotes soni 0 6 7 hours ago
  Feb. 9, 1999 Dear Friend, Without your previous support, Bill Clinton and I would not have won our victories for the American people in 1992 and 1996. ... And to win in 2000, I need you by my side. - Al Gore Quotes soni 0 6 7 hours ago
  Every nation has a moral obligation to safeguard the future. - Al Gore Quotes soni 0 3 7 hours ago