After a while, if you're committed, you start to believe in the things in which you're praying. It's just cognitive dissonance... - A. J. Jacobs Quotes
Quote:After a while, if you're committed, you start to believe in the things in which you're praying. It's just cognitive dissonance. You can't live a completely religious life and not start to have it sink in. - A. J. Jacobs Quotes

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The thing I think about is that once you've done it, you then start to think about what you're going to do next. It's much easier to follow something that's not been as successful as this. - Alan Bennett Quotes soni 0 34 09-23-2017, 07:02 PM
Last Post: soni
  I write plays about things that I can't resolve in my mind. I try to root things out. - Alan Bennett Quotes soni 0 21 09-23-2017, 06:13 PM
  One of the hardest things for boys to learn is that a teacher is human. One of the hardest things for a teacher to learn is not to try and tell them. - Alan Bennett Quotes soni 0 19 09-23-2017, 06:09 PM
  ... Once I start a book I finish it. That was the way one was brought up. Books, bread and butter, mashed potato - one finishes what's on one's plate. That's always been my philosophy. - Alan Bennett Quotes soni 0 22 09-22-2017, 10:31 AM
  At eighty things do not occur; they recur. - Alan Bennett Quotes soni 0 15 09-22-2017, 10:29 AM