It comes back to the old question: How can the Bible be so wise in some places and so barbaric in others? And why should we put any faith in a book that includes such brutality? - A. J. Jacobs Quotes
Quote:It comes back to the old question: How can the Bible be so wise in some places and so barbaric in others? And why should we put any faith in a book that includes such brutality? - A. J. Jacobs Quotes

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  As it turns out, the scientific community has been addressing this particular question for some time now and they say that increased... - Al Gore Quotes soni 0 5 Today, 08:16 AM
Last Post: soni
  The fate of mankind, as well as religion, depends on the emergence of a new faith in the future. Armed with such a faith, we might find it possible to resanctify the earth. - Al Gore Quotes soni 0 1 Today, 08:03 AM
  The signs that the world is spinning out of kilter are increasingly difficult to misinterpret. The question is how to convince enough people to join a critical mass of urgent opinion, in the U.S. and the rest of the world. - Al Gore Quotes soni 0 6 Yesterday, 10:43 PM
  It took me a bit to realize how big the changes have been in the last decade. In so many places - electricity from solar and wind is cheaper... - Al Gore Quotes soni 0 4 Yesterday, 10:15 PM
  I put all my sighs in a lockbox - Al Gore Quotes soni 0 3 Yesterday, 10:07 PM