I'm still agnostic. But in the words of Elton Richards, I'm now a reverant agnostic. Which isn't an oxymoron, I swear. I now believe that whether or not there's a God, ... - A. J. Jacobs Quotes
Quote:I'm still agnostic. But in the words of Elton Richards, I'm now a reverant agnostic. Which isn't an oxymoron, I swear. I now believe that whether or not there's a God, there is such a thing as sacredness. Life is sacred. The Sabbath can be a sacred day. Prayer can be a sacred ritual. There is something transcendent, beyond the everyday. It's possible that humans created this sacredness ourselves, but that doesn't take away from its power or importance. - A. J. Jacobs Quotes

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  God didn't miss any of us. - Al McGuire Quotes soni 0 2 6 hours ago
Last Post: soni
  Every day is Thanksgiving.On this stage you're going to hear God and none of them other words, and I ain't going to touch my stuff. - Al Jarreau Quotes soni 0 8 08-19-2017, 11:16 PM
  I don't know where we got the notion that God wants us to suffer. Every living thing tends toward the good or we would have been gone a long time ago. - Al Jarreau Quotes soni 0 2 08-19-2017, 11:04 PM
  Life isn't a science. We make it up as we go. - Al Hirschfeld Quotes soni 0 7 08-19-2017, 07:09 AM
  Try to distill the character of your subject. Understand how he moves, thinks, acts. It's difficult to put into words... - Al Hirschfeld Quotes soni 0 8 08-19-2017, 07:02 AM