Elderly gentlemen, gentle in all respects, kind to animals, beloved by children, and fond of music, are found in lonely corners of the downs, ... - A. P. Herbert Quotes
Quote:Elderly gentlemen, gentle in all respects, kind to animals, beloved by children, and fond of music, are found in lonely corners of the downs, hacking at sandpits or tussocks of grass, and muttering in a blind, ungovernable fury elaborate maledictions which could not be extracted from them by robbery or murder. Men who would face torture without a word become blasphemous at the short fourteenth. It is clear that the game of golf may well be included in that category of intolerable provocations which may legally excuse or mitigate behavior not otherwise excusable. - A. P. Herbert Quotes

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The thing that interests me far more than anything is creating music, songwriting and arranging, and in that context drumming itself is a means... - Al Murray Quotes soni 0 4 2 hours ago
Last Post: soni
  Things inspiring me - good melody, a great bass line, a fabulous voice... by which I mean someone who sounds great, rather than does pyrotechnics... and people playing really musically. Music is endlessly fascinating. - Al Murray Quotes soni 0 4 2 hours ago
  Thanks to the internet, I buy lots of music, but thanks to my easily distracted nature, I forget about half of it! - Al Murray Quotes soni 0 5 2 hours ago
  I'm a natural born show off. I love performing, and at school we had a really good music scene and an even better drama scene... - Al Murray Quotes soni 0 4 2 hours ago
  The manager is by himself. He can't mingle with his players. I enjoyed my players, but I could not socialize with them so I spent a lot of time alone in my hotel room. Those four walls kind of close in on you. - Al Lopez Quotes soni 0 7 4 hours ago