Nearly all monster stories depend for their success on Jack killing the Giant, Beowulf or St. George slaying the Dragon, Harry Potter triumphing over the basilisk... - A. N. Wilson Quotes
Quote:Nearly all monster stories depend for their success on Jack killing the Giant, Beowulf or St. George slaying the Dragon, Harry Potter triumphing over the basilisk. That is their inner grammar, and the whole shape of the story leads towards it. - A. N. Wilson Quotes

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  I tried to explain to her the significance of the great poet, but without much success, The Waste Land not figuring very largely in Mam's scheme of things... - Alan Bennett Quotes soni 0 17 09-22-2017, 10:15 AM
Last Post: soni
  I really love storytelling, and I love the stories as they reveal themselves. It's an incredibly nourishing process; it's probably the closest I come to having a religion. - Alan Ball Quotes soni 0 20 09-21-2017, 11:36 PM
  I would say try to tell stories that you care about as opposed to stories that you think will sell. - Alan Ball Quotes soni 0 17 09-20-2017, 07:27 PM
  When people are laughing, they're generally not killing one another. - Alan Alda Quotes soni 0 14 09-17-2017, 11:15 PM
  Our lives depend on good communication. Good communication helps personal relationships, it helps bosses and employees get along better. We rely on it. - Alan Alda Quotes soni 0 15 09-16-2017, 07:44 AM