Salvation for a race, nation or class must come from within. Freedom is never granted; it is won. Justice is never given; it is exacted. - A. Philip Randolph Quotes
Quote:Salvation for a race, nation or class must come from within. Freedom is never granted; it is won. Justice is never given; it is exacted. - A. Philip Randolph Quotes

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Philip Larkin used to cheer himself up by looking in the mirror and saying the line from Rebecca, 'I am Mrs de Winter now! - Alan Bennett Quotes soni 0 29 09-23-2017, 06:55 PM
Last Post: soni
  It seems to me the mark of a civilized society that certain privileges should be taken for granted such as education, health care and the safety to walk the streets. - Alan Bennett Quotes soni 0 28 09-23-2017, 06:55 PM
  The Breed never dies. Sapper, Buchan, Dornford Yates, practitioners in that school of Snobbery withViolence that runs like a thread of good-class tweed through twentieth-century literature. - Alan Bennett Quotes soni 0 25 09-23-2017, 06:53 PM
  Had your forefathers, Wigglesworth, been as stupid as you are, the human race would never have succeeded in procreating itself. - Alan Bennett Quotes soni 0 18 09-23-2017, 06:13 PM
  My own belief is that people can come back from anything. It doesn't mean that it won't come at a huge cost. - Alan Ball Quotes soni 0 20 09-21-2017, 11:39 PM