Poetry leads us to the unstructured sources of our beings, to the unknown, and returns us to our rational, structured selves refreshed. - A. R. Ammons Quotes
Quote:Poetry leads us to the unstructured sources of our beings, to the unknown, and returns us to our rational, structured selves refreshed. - A. R. Ammons Quotes

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Philosophy had supplied Socrates with convictions in which he had been able to have rational, as opposed to hysterical, confidence when faced with disapproval. - Alain de Botton Quotes soni 0 22 09-10-2017, 09:48 AM
Last Post: soni
  A notorious inability to express emotions makes human beings the only animals capable of suicide. - Alain de Botton Quotes soni 0 18 09-08-2017, 08:29 PM
  Everyone returns us to a different sense of ourselves, for we become a little of who they think we are. - Alain de Botton Quotes soni 0 15 09-06-2017, 05:43 PM
  I think that any time you look at the fact that boycotts have historically led to change, whatever temporary inconvenience there may be, it in the long run leads toward, in my opinion, a better change for everybody. - Al Sharpton Quotes soni 0 12 08-28-2017, 10:26 PM
  Many years ago, in the late '70s, I toured colleges along the East Coast and I presented a kind of show where I got a lot of books and poetry... - Al Pacino Quotes soni 0 20 08-24-2017, 08:05 AM