Where but in the very asshole of comedown is redemption: as where but brought low, where but in the grief of failure, loss, error do we discern the savage afflictions that turn us around... - A. R. Ammons Quotes
Quote:Where but in the very asshole of comedown is redemption: as where but brought low, where but in the grief of failure, loss, error do we discern the savage afflictions that turn us around: where but in the arrangements love crawls us through - A. R. Ammons Quotes

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  I think the writer's quite low down in the hierarchy really. But the fact that they took the piss out of Nicholas... - Alan Bennett Quotes soni 0 34 09-23-2017, 07:02 PM
Last Post: soni
  Our father the novelist; my husband the poet. He belongs to the ages - just don't catch him at breakfast. Artists, celebrated for their humanity, they turn out to be scarcely human at all. - Alan Bennett Quotes soni 0 26 09-23-2017, 06:54 PM
  ... Once I start a book I finish it. That was the way one was brought up. Books, bread and butter, mashed potato - one finishes what's on one's plate. That's always been my philosophy. - Alan Bennett Quotes soni 0 21 09-22-2017, 10:31 AM
  In the midst of the sense of tragedy or loss, sometimes laughter is not only healing, it's a way of experiencing the person that you've lost again. - Alan Alda Quotes soni 0 16 09-18-2017, 09:31 PM
  I have a final word of advice to our students. If you work very, very hard, this is the kind of actor, writer and director you may turn out to be, and if you work extra hard, this is the kind of person you may turn out to be. - Alan Alda Quotes soni 0 16 09-18-2017, 09:30 PM