They took to silence. They touched each other without comment and without progression. A hand on a hand, a clothed arm, resting on an arm... - A. S. Byatt Quotes
Quote:They took to silence. They touched each other without comment and without progression. A hand on a hand, a clothed arm, resting on an arm. An ankle overlapping an ankle, as they sat on a beach, and not removed. One night they fell asleep, side by side... He slept curled against her back, a dark comma against her pale elegant phrase. - A. S. Byatt Quotes

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  I suppose I'm the only person who remembers one of the most exciting of his ballets-it's the fruit of an unlikely collaboration between Nijinsky on the one hand and Sir Arthur Conan Doyle on the other. - Alan Bennett Quotes soni 0 8 09-23-2017, 05:59 PM
Last Post: soni
  Once Everton has touched you nothing will be the same. - Alan Ball Quotes soni 0 10 09-20-2017, 07:09 PM
  A gentleman ... sleeps at his work. That's what work's for. Why do you think they have the SILENCE notices in the library? So as not to disturb me in my little nook behind the biography shelves. - Alan Ayckbourn Quotes soni 0 13 09-19-2017, 10:27 PM
  I've sat looking down into a volcano that could blow at any moment; I've helped catch a shark and several rattlesnakes; I let a tarantula walk across my hand, and I ate rat soup. - Alan Alda Quotes soni 0 15 09-18-2017, 09:28 PM
  That's what we're all doing, all the time, whether we know it or not. Whether we like it or not. Creating something on the spur of the moment with the materials at hand... - Alan Arkin Quotes soni 0 15 09-15-2017, 10:46 AM