They took to silence. They touched each other without comment and without progression. A hand on a hand, a clothed arm, resting on an arm... - A. S. Byatt Quotes
Quote:They took to silence. They touched each other without comment and without progression. A hand on a hand, a clothed arm, resting on an arm. An ankle overlapping an ankle, as they sat on a beach, and not removed. One night they fell asleep, side by side... He slept curled against her back, a dark comma against her pale elegant phrase. - A. S. Byatt Quotes

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  There are good people, who are in politics - in both parties - who hold this at arm's length, because if they acknowledge it and recognize it, then the moral imperative to make big changes is inescapable. - Al Gore Quotes soni 0 3 51 minutes ago
Last Post: soni
  The choice to 'do nothing' in response to the mounting evidence is actually a choice to continue and even accelerate the reckless environmental destruction that is creating the catastrophe at hand. - Al Gore Quotes soni 0 5 Yesterday, 08:07 AM
  Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Should the beholder have poor eyesight, he can ask the nearest person which girls look good. Beauty is in the hand of the beer holder. Beauty is in the heart of the beholder. - Al Bernstein Quotes soni 0 14 08-09-2017, 07:20 AM
  One time, my mom told us, 'No TV.' It was 3 P.M., and I was sneaking it in. She put her hand on the back of the TV to see if it was warm... - Akiva Schaffer Quotes soni 0 4 08-06-2017, 08:45 PM
  Over all, I want you to discover the joy of creation by your own hand. ... The possibility of creation from paper is infinite. - Akira Yoshizawa Quotes soni 0 9 08-06-2017, 08:37 PM