She didn't like to be talked about. Equally, she didn't like not to be talked about, when the high-minded chatter rushed on as though she was not there... - A. S. Byatt Quotes
Quote:She didn't like to be talked about. Equally, she didn't like not to be talked about, when the high-minded chatter rushed on as though she was not there. There was no pleasing her, in fact. She had the grace, even at eleven, to know there was no pleasing her. She thought a lot, analytically, about other people's feelings, and had only just begun to realize that this was not usual, and not reciprocated. - A. S. Byatt Quotes

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  sometimes it's better to be with the devil u know than the angel u didn't know - Al Pacino Quotes soni 0 1 20 minutes ago
Last Post: soni
  I quit being afraid when my first venture failed and the sky didn't fall down. - Al Neuharth Quotes soni 0 4 2 hours ago
  Everybody says we hated the Yankees. We didn't hate the Yankees. We just hated the way they beat us. - Al Lopez Quotes soni 0 5 Today, 08:23 AM
  As long as you gave it your best shot, even if in the opinion of others 'you failed,' you didn't fail. - Al Lewis Quotes soni 0 2 Today, 08:17 AM
  I was very, very shocked about Cooperstown. I thought my chances were fairly good, but I tried to stay low key about it, not too high and not too low. That was the way I played, too. - Al Kaline Quotes soni 0 6 Yesterday, 06:27 AM