A beautiful woman, Simone Weil said, seeing herself in the mirror, knows "This is I." An ugly woman knows with equal certainty, "This is not I."... - A. S. Byatt Quotes
Quote:A beautiful woman, Simone Weil said, seeing herself in the mirror, knows "This is I." An ugly woman knows with equal certainty, "This is not I." Maud knew this neat division represented an over-simplification. The doll-mask she saw had nothing to do with her, nothing. - A. S. Byatt Quotes

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  There was never any doubt in our minds that men and women were equal, if not more so. - Al Gore Quotes soni 0 3 08-15-2017, 10:09 PM
Last Post: soni
  There's a law of physics: For every action there's an equal and opposite reaction. And sometimes that shows up in politics and society... - Al Gore Quotes soni 0 12 08-14-2017, 06:54 AM
  In physics there's the old law for every action there's a equal amount of reaction. Sometimes that's true in politics... - Al Gore Quotes soni 0 14 08-13-2017, 04:28 PM
  The insistence on complete certainty about the full details of global warming-the most serious threat we have ever faced-is actually... - Al Gore Quotes soni 0 16 08-13-2017, 04:24 PM
  You know, in physics there's the old law for every action there's a equal amount of reaction. Sometimes that's true in politics... - Al Gore Quotes soni 0 12 08-13-2017, 04:20 PM