We fail to see the purifying and refining effect wrought by the flames of adversity. These flames are not meant to consume but only to purify us... - A. Theodore Tuttle Quotes
Quote:We fail to see the purifying and refining effect wrought by the flames of adversity. These flames are not meant to consume but only to purify us. Disguised as adversity, blessings are showered upon us. - A. Theodore Tuttle Quotes

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  I'm at the point in my life where I don't want to work as hard. Actually, I've had to take a good hard look at workaholism and it's effect on one's mental health. - Alan Ball Quotes soni 0 18 09-20-2017, 07:25 PM
Last Post: soni
  The planets resources are rare; we must consume more ethically and equitably. - Alain Ducasse Quotes soni 0 9 09-13-2017, 09:36 PM
  Writing isn’t a career choice. It’s self-medication that over time precipitates the madness it was meant to ward off. - Alain de Botton Quotes soni 0 13 09-09-2017, 10:48 AM
  Apparently, an undocumented side effect of dope is a gross overestimation of one's own intelligence. Dopers become convinced they've hidden their stash so well a cop won't find it. They're always wrong. - Alafair Burke Quotes soni 0 10 09-05-2017, 09:54 PM
  My heart is at ease knowing that what was meant for me will never miss me, and that what misses me was never meant for me. - Al-Shafi'i Quotes soni 0 5 09-04-2017, 12:43 PM