The beneficial effect of state intervention, especially in the form of legislation, is direct, immediate, and so to speak, visible, while its evil effects are gradual and indirect and lay out of sight ... - A. V. Dicey Quotes
Quote:The beneficial effect of state intervention, especially in the form of legislation, is direct, immediate, and so to speak, visible, while its evil effects are gradual and indirect and lay out of sight ... Hence the majority of mankind must almost of necessity look with undue favor upon governmental intervention. - A. V. Dicey Quotes

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The nearest my parents came to alcohol was at Holy Communion and they utterly overestimated its effects. However bad the weather... - Alan Bennett Quotes soni 0 7 09-23-2017, 06:01 PM
Last Post: soni
  To play Trivial Pursuit with a life like mine could be said to be a form of homeopathy. - Alan Bennett Quotes soni 0 21 09-22-2017, 10:32 AM
  Art comes out of art; it begins with imitation, often in the form of parody, and it's in the process of imitating the voice of others that one comes to learn the sound of one's own. - Alan Bennett Quotes soni 0 11 09-22-2017, 10:27 AM
  My experience came before most of you were born. My school was a state school in Leeds and the headmaster usually sent students... - Alan Bennett Quotes soni 0 12 09-22-2017, 10:25 AM
  The appeal of reading, she thought, lay in its indifference: there was something undeferring about literature. Books did not care who was reading them or whether one read them or not... - Alan Bennett Quotes soni 0 12 09-22-2017, 10:21 AM