No morality can be founded on authority, even if the authority were divine. - A.J. Ayer Quotes
Quote:No morality can be founded on authority, even if the authority were divine. - A.J. Ayer Quotes

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  I don't believe in competitions between artists. This is insane. Who has the authority to say someone is better? - Alan Arkin Quotes soni 0 13 09-15-2017, 10:45 AM
Last Post: soni
  Pegging your contentment to the overall state of the world rather than of your own life: the basis of morality, or a sort of madness? - Alain de Botton Quotes soni 0 17 09-12-2017, 07:33 AM
  Let's say you went to Harvard or Oxford or Cambridge, and you said, 'I've come here because I'm in search of morality, guidance and consolation; I want to know how to live,' - they would show you the way to the insane asylum. - Alain de Botton Quotes soni 0 14 09-12-2017, 07:28 AM
  Responsible for wrapping the iron fist of authority in its velvet glove is Jane Axtell, head of the accountancy firm's Human Resources department. - Alain de Botton Quotes soni 0 28 09-10-2017, 09:53 AM
  Man's nature is made up of four elements, which produce in him four attributes, namely, the beastly, the brutal, the satanic, and the divine. In man there is something of the pig, the dog, the devil, and the saint. - Al-Ghazali Quotes soni 0 13 09-01-2017, 06:04 PM