To make our position clearer, we may formulate it in another way. Let us call a proposition which records an actual or possible observation an experiential proposition...- A.J. Ayer Quotes
Quote:To make our position clearer, we may formulate it in another way. Let us call a proposition which records an actual or possible observation an experiential proposition. Then we may say that it is the mark of a genuine factual proposition, not that it should be equivalent to an experiential proposition, or any finite number of experiential propositions, but simply that some experiential propositions can be deduced from it in conjunction with certain other premises without being deducible from those other premises alone. - A.J. Ayer Quotes

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Life isn't a science. We make it up as we go. - Al Hirschfeld Quotes soni 0 6 Today, 07:09 AM
Last Post: soni
  Life is an art, not a science. You make it up as you go along. - Al Hirschfeld Quotes soni 0 5 Today, 06:59 AM
  People still come up to me and ask me to sign their records. That's right, records! Man, they don't even make records no more! - Al Green Quotes soni 0 2 Today, 06:52 AM
  I have faith in the United States and our ability to make good decisions based on the facts. - Al Gore Quotes soni 0 3 Yesterday, 10:06 PM
  When it comes to climate, we can all make a big difference. At the most basic level, don't let denial go unchallenged and win the conversation on climate. - Al Gore Quotes soni 0 2 Yesterday, 09:40 PM