Philip Galanes makes his debut with a novel that is both heartbreaking and deftly comic, the story of a young man struggling with his most primitive desires... - A.M. Homes Quotes
Quote:Philip Galanes makes his debut with a novel that is both heartbreaking and deftly comic, the story of a young man struggling with his most primitive desires--wanting and needing. It is a novel about the complex relationships between parents and children, a story of loss and of our unrelenting need for acknowledgment, to be seen as who we are. And in the end it is simply a love story for our time. - A.M. Homes Quotes

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Seriously, if you want to get inside the head of a stand-up comic, you could do a lot worse than reading Steve Martin's Born Standing Up... - Al Murray Quotes soni 0 1 55 minutes ago
Last Post: soni
  America gets the politicians they deserve. That's it. And you keep struggling. - Al Lewis Quotes soni 0 2 2 hours ago
  Musically Bob [Dylan] is a primitive. He's not a Gershwin, or somebody that uses eloquent music terms. - Al Kooper Quotes soni 0 7 Yesterday, 06:38 AM
  Unlike so many Dylan-writer-wannabes and phony 'encyclopedia' compilers, Sean Wilentz makes me feel he was in the room when... - Al Kooper Quotes soni 0 5 Yesterday, 06:37 AM
  It hurt me a great deal. It put a lot of pressure on me because I was at a young age and the writers around here and throughout the league starting comparing me to Cobb. It put a lot of pressure on me. - Al Kaline Quotes soni 0 4 Yesterday, 06:25 AM