Acceptance is supposed to be a good thing - Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change. Also compromise, ... - A.S.A. Harrison Quotes
Quote:Acceptance is supposed to be a good thing - Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change. Also compromise, as every couples therapist will tell you. But the cost was high - the damping of expectation, the dwindling of spirit, the resignation that comes to replace enthusiasm, the cynicism that supplants hope. The mouldering that goes unnoticed and unchecked. - A.S.A. Harrison Quotes

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The United States is the only nation that can lead the world toward a solution on climate change. - Al Gore Quotes soni 0 8 Yesterday, 10:26 PM
Last Post: soni
  Now we have things that are obviously false, leading us to war, leading us to deny people health care, leading us to ignore the climate crisis. We have to restore the integrity of the democratic conversation. - Al Gore Quotes soni 0 9 Yesterday, 10:20 PM
  Earlier in this century, the Heisenberg Principle established that the very act of observing a natural phenomenon can change what is being observed... - Al Gore Quotes soni 0 4 Yesterday, 10:17 PM
  I have faith in the United States and our ability to make good decisions based on the facts. - Al Gore Quotes soni 0 3 Yesterday, 10:06 PM
  A lot in the faith-based community, a lot of fundamentalist groups are - are now saying, you know, the Earth is the lord and the fullness there of, and we have an obligation to be good stewards of the planet. - Al Gore Quotes soni 0 4 Yesterday, 09:53 PM