We are coming to understand health not as the absence of disease, but rather as the process by which individuals maintain their sense of coherence... - Aaron Antonovsky Quotes
Quote:We are coming to understand health not as the absence of disease, but rather as the process by which individuals maintain their sense of coherence (i.e. sense that life is comprehensible, manageable, and meaningful) and ability to function in the face of changes in themselves and their relationships with their environment. - Aaron Antonovsky Quotes

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  It [Cambridge] wasn't a holy grail in the sense that I'd never been to Cambridge. But then, when I did go, the contrast between Leeds... - Alan Bennett Quotes soni 0 32 09-23-2017, 07:01 PM
Last Post: soni
  It seems to me the mark of a civilized society that certain privileges should be taken for granted such as education, health care and the safety to walk the streets. - Alan Bennett Quotes soni 0 28 09-23-2017, 06:55 PM
  One recipe for happiness is to have to sense of entitlement.' To this she added a star and noted at the bottom of the page: 'This is not a lesson I have ever been in a position to learn. - Alan Bennett Quotes soni 0 7 09-23-2017, 05:59 PM
  Art comes out of art; it begins with imitation, often in the form of parody, and it's in the process of imitating the voice of others that one comes to learn the sound of one's own. - Alan Bennett Quotes soni 0 11 09-22-2017, 10:27 AM
  We live in a time where there's an alienation factor. There's a certain disconnection. We don't have any real sense of community anymore. - Alan Ball Quotes soni 0 15 09-21-2017, 11:43 PM