The brand is lying about something, or at least misrepresenting it. When I read a bottle of shampoo or moisturizer or other beauty product, I always perceive a dark subtext... - Aaron Belz Quotes
Quote:The brand is lying about something, or at least misrepresenting it. When I read a bottle of shampoo or moisturizer or other beauty product, I always perceive a dark subtext. The words haunt me. It comes across as humorous to the reader/audience, but in fact the words really do make me a little bit queasy. Nothing is as easy or natural as consumer brands want us to think - no problem is as resolvable. Your hair will fall out, eventually. Yet we do have these brands, and we line our shelves with them. There's an inherent irony. - Aaron Belz Quotes

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The very funny thing about "Like A Rolling Stone" is it was a six minute song, there was no music to read from... - Al Kooper Quotes soni 0 6 Yesterday, 06:35 AM
Last Post: soni
  I've never seen the Osbournes, I've never seen Paris Hilton. I'd rather read than watch reality TV. I'd rather live life than watch somebody else living it. - Al Jourgensen Quotes soni 0 11 08-20-2017, 08:57 AM
  I was a sculptor.Butthat'sreallydrawinga drawing you fall over in the dark, a three-dimensional drawing. - Al Hirschfeld Quotes soni 0 8 08-19-2017, 07:07 AM
  The planet has a fever. If your baby has a fever, you go to the doctor. If the doctor says you need to intervene here, you don't say 'I read a science fiction novel that says it's not a problem.' You take action. - Al Gore Quotes soni 0 6 08-15-2017, 10:19 PM
  Incredibly, while these 18 to 20 year-olds cannot legally buy a beer, cannot purchase a bottle of wine and cannot order a drink... - Al Gore Quotes soni 0 10 08-15-2017, 08:26 AM