There is something about music that keeps its distance even at the moment that it engulfs us. It is at the same time outside and away from us and inside and part of us... - Aaron Copland Quotes
Quote:There is something about music that keeps its distance even at the moment that it engulfs us. It is at the same time outside and away from us and inside and part of us. In one sense it dwarfs us, and in another we master it. We are led on and on, and yet in some strange way we never lose control. - Aaron Copland Quotes

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The music is the message, the message is the music. So that's my little ministry that the Big Man upstairs gave to me - a little ministry called love and happiness. - Al Green Quotes soni 0 1 2 hours ago
Last Post: soni
  I'm thankful for every moment. - Al Green Quotes soni 0 2 2 hours ago
  I just think that a much more important part of the problem we face, which was evident 10 years ago and is even more evident now... - Al Gore Quotes soni 0 8 10 hours ago
  When you talk about President Trump, the cable networks turned over so many hours of prime time to him. Why? Because he was entertaining, but also because it drove ratings... - Al Gore Quotes soni 0 3 10 hours ago
  Sri Chinmoy was a once in a lifetime spiritual leader who touched the lives of millions of people through his teachings, art, athletics, and music... - Al Gore Quotes soni 0 3 11 hours ago