The traditional difficulty of balancing the mechanical with the imaginative schools of photography still operates. In schools of photography meaningful... - Aaron Scharf Quotes
Quote:The traditional difficulty of balancing the mechanical with the imaginative schools of photography still operates. In schools of photography meaningful art education is often lacking and on the strength of their technical ability alone students, deprived of a richer artistic training, are sent forth inculcated with the belief that they are creative photographers and artists. It is yet a fact that today, as in the past, the most inspiring and provocative works in photography come as much (and probably more) from those who are in the first place artists. - Aaron Scharf Quotes

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  I need to feel like the work I'm doing is not necessarily important, but meaningful, at least to me, because otherwise it just becomes a day job. It just becomes factory work and I get really frustrated. - Alan Ball Quotes soni 0 10 09-20-2017, 07:12 PM
Last Post: soni
  I do not believe that defending traditional marriage between one man and one woman excludes anybody or usurps anybody's civil rights and denies anybody their civil rights. - Alan Autry Quotes soni 0 9 09-19-2017, 10:11 PM
  the world is neither meaningful, nor absurd. it quite simply is, and that, in any case, is what is so remarkable about it. - Alain Robbe-Grillet Quotes soni 0 12 09-14-2017, 12:37 PM
  Memory belongs to the imagination. Human memory is not like a computer which records things; it is part of the imaginative process, on the same terms as invention. - Alain Robbe-Grillet Quotes soni 0 10 09-14-2017, 12:37 PM
  It is no coincidence that the Western attraction to sublime landscapes developed at precisely the moment when traditional beliefs in God began to wane. - Alain de Botton Quotes soni 0 16 09-12-2017, 11:39 PM