Books are totally useless unless you take their advice. If you just keep reading them, thinking "that's so insightful! that changes everything,"... - Aaron Swartz Quotes
Quote:Books are totally useless unless you take their advice. If you just keep reading them, thinking "that's so insightful! that changes everything," but never actually doing anything different, then pretty quickly the feeling will wear off and you'll start searching for another book to fill the void. - Aaron Swartz Quotes

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Researchers at the Naval Postgraduate School have told us that the entire Arctic ice cap may totally disappear in summer in as little as five years if nothing is done to curb emissions of greenhouse gas pollution. - Al Gore Quotes soni 0 8 08-14-2017, 10:29 PM
Last Post: soni
  Future generations may well have occasion to ask themselves, "What were our parents thinking? Why didn't they wake up when they had a chance?" We have to hear that question from them, now. - Al Gore Quotes soni 0 15 08-13-2017, 04:24 PM
  The only way marriage can work is if a man respects the woman and she is a thinking woman and he wants to work on the marriage. - Al Goldstein Quotes soni 0 7 08-12-2017, 10:51 PM
  If 98 out of 100 doctors tell me I've got a problem, I should take their advice. And if those two other doctors get paid by Big Snack Food, like certain climate deniers get paid by Big Coal, I shouldn't take their advice. - Al Franken Quotes soni 0 6 08-12-2017, 06:22 AM
  When you encounter seemingly good advice that contradicts other seemingly good advice, ignore them both. - Al Franken Quotes soni 0 8 08-10-2017, 07:51 PM