But like all power, there are those who want to keep it for themselves. The world's entire scientific and cultural heritage, published over centuries... - Aaron Swartz Quotes
Quote:But like all power, there are those who want to keep it for themselves. The world's entire scientific and cultural heritage, published over centuries in books and journals, is increasingly being digitized and locked up by a handful of private corporations. Want to read the papers featuring the most famous results of the sciences? You'll need to send enormous amounts to publishers like Reed Elsevier. - Aaron Swartz Quotes

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  I guess if people all followed the basic principles of their own religions, they would love everybody instead of hating half the world. - Al Jaffee Quotes soni 0 3 1 hour ago
Last Post: soni
  I learned more stuff in church than I did in the world. - Al Green Quotes soni 0 1 Yesterday, 06:50 AM
  The United States is the only nation that can lead the world toward a solution on climate change. - Al Gore Quotes soni 0 8 08-18-2017, 10:26 PM
  The truth is that we're at a critical juncture in the history of our species and if we don't act soon, we could inhabit a world... - Al Gore Quotes soni 0 8 08-18-2017, 10:23 PM
  The global warming deniers persist in this air of unreality. After all, the entire north polar icecap, which has been there for most... - Al Gore Quotes soni 0 1 08-18-2017, 10:10 PM